Securitas is now hiring Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs).
As an Emergency Medical Technician you will:
• Administer first aid treatment to and arrange for transport of sick or injured persons to medical facility, working as member of emergency medical team.
• Determine nature and extent of illness or injury, or magnitude of catastrophe, to establish first aid procedures to be followed or need for additional assistance, basing decisions on statements of persons involved, examination of victim or victims, and knowledge of emergency medical practice.
• Administer prescribed first aid treatment at site of emergency, or in specially equipped vehicle, performing such activities as application of splints, administration of oxygen, treatment of minor wounds or abrasions, or administration of artificial resuscitation.
• Communicate with professional medical personnel at emergency treatment facility to obtain instructions regarding further treatment and to arrange for reception of victims at treatment facility.
• Provide protective services by making periodic tours to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment.
• Respond to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents.
• Prepare logs and reports as required.
With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following:
• Ability to see, hear, speak, and write clearly.
• Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
• Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
• Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.