Flex Security Officer
The Flex Officer Program intends to showcase Securitas USA’s finest security officers and attempts to promote Security Officer development and training.
As a Flex Security Officer you will gain a broad and specialized knowledge of various high-profile posts. You will be evaluated for leadership and further growth potential. Strong and reliable performance as a Flex Officer will earn you consideration for assignment to supervisory or other leadership posts. Ideally, you'll develop career paths to further your growth within the company.
Flex Officer Program Objectives:
• Staff new accounts until permanent Security Officers can be hired.
• Provide security for short-term special events.
• Fill in for officers while on vacation/sick/no call-no show.
• Support staffing requirements at accounts during shortages due to vacations, call-offs, no shows, suspensions, holidays, etc.
• Assist in start-ups at new accounts to include: working the site, writing post orders and training checklists and training newly assigned permanent Security Officers.
• Work special security assignments as required.
• Must have a reliable phone number where you can be reached (i.e. cellular)
• Be able to obtain reliable transportation.
• Have a clean driving record and valid driver’s license.
• Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers.
• Observe and report activities and incidents at an assigned client site, providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel.
• Make periodic patrols to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment.
• Preserve order and may act to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
• Control access to client site or facility through the admittance process.
• Patrol assigned site on foot or in vehicle; check for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked entrances and exits, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons.
• Protect evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations.
• Respond to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents.
• Prepare logs and reports as required.
With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following:
• Seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly.
• Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
• Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
• Additional physical requirements may include frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
You must be willing to work the 3 different shifts (i.e.,day/swing/grave, etc) and sometimes 6 days per week. Expect to work on weekends and holidays with limited notice, and work during “high need” periods.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.