Route Security Guard
Full time, Part time
Securitas employees come from all walks of life, bringing with them a variety of distinctive skills and perspectives. United through our common purpose, we provide the security needed to safeguard our clients' assets and people.
Our core values - Integrity, Vigilance and Helpfulness - are represented by the three red dots in the Securitas logo. If you live by these values, we’re looking for you to join the Securitas team.
We are currently looking to hire a Route Security Guard who is energetic, personable, and dependable, with a strong commitment to providing world-class customer service and exceptional problem-solving skills.
As a Route Security Guard, you will be responsible for observing and reporting activities and incidents at an assigned client site. This will involve providing safety of client property and personnel while making periodic tours to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment.
• High school diploma or GED
• Minimum 18 years of age.
• Proficient in English.
• Working knowledge of or ability to learn security operations and procedures
• Willingness to submit to and pass pre-employment screening process, including a drug screen and background investigation.
• Must have a reliable means of communication and transportation.
• Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
• Preserving order and acting to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
• Controlling access to client site or facility through the admittance process.
• Patrolling assigned site on foot or in vehicle, checking for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked entrances and exits, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons.
• Protecting evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations.
• Responding to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents.
• Preparing logs and reports as required.
• Effectively handle potentially difficult situations in a fast-paced environment.
• Display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal and active listening skills.
• Ability to easily establish rapport and credibility with a wide variety of clients and prospective clients.
• Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports.